Sunday, May 18, 2014

Day 13 // Preparing for School

Anxiety is too real sometimes.
Saturday I had a unwanted experience with a panic/anxiety attack, and found myself hyperventilating in a taxi cab on the way home after overheating at the Walking Street. At the moment it was truly terrifying and upsetting, but a few days later (and a hospital visit - everything is just fine), I am feeling much better. I think my nerves got the best of me and my body couldn't handle it. Since word traveled fast in the English department, we are now keeping the Air Conditioning on all the time because they keep telling me they don't want me to get "heat sick" again! I'll take it.

Now I'm trying to soak it all in.
Rachael and I spent most of Sunday at an adorable cafe called Doi Chaang Coffee House. More resembling a tree house hidden in the city of Chiang Rai, this coffee shop was constructed with salvaged wood and long viney plants wrapped around everything they could latch to.




A couple hours there turned into a nap on the corner couch for me, then we wandered around the city. Our feet led us to Wat Jed Yod by the clock tower. Subtlety isn't found in these buddhist temples. They sparkle to all of your senses and leave you begging your eyes to take in more.


Thunder began booming and the rains came in heavy. I must have looked like the silliest "farang" with my arms spread out and my head back enjoying the water cooling off the hot earth. Tacoma trained me well for this weather.


2 comments:

  1. What wonderful adventures. Love the blog, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you're ok meow! loving you from the Pacific NW.

    ReplyDelete